<%@ Page %>
Display Conditional Data In DataGrid Column
Some times we need to display values in DataGrid column based on some conditions. For example if the database field value is NULL then you may want to display something like "Not Available" and the actual value if available. Such conditional display can be
achieved by binding DataGrid column to a function. This code demo shows just that.
For our example code we will use Northwind database that ships with SQL server. We will use Employees table. The table has many fields but we will use only two of them LastName and Region. The region field has some NULL values. Whenever this column is NULL we will display "Not Available" else we will display actual value of the region.
How to run the sample
Follow these instructions to run the demo:
- Create a web project in VS.NET called ConditionalGrid
- Unzip supplied files in the project folder
- Add the files to the project
- Modify database connection string in the code
- Compile and run the application